The Tempe Sustainability Commission asks Tempe residents to nominate people, projects or organizations for the sustainability achievement of the year award. This award is meant to highlight people and projects in our city that are setting an example of how we can create a more sustainable and resilient city.
The award recognizes excellence in:
- Energy efficiency and conservation
- Water conservation and reclamation
- Sustainable practices such as high-performance building
- Leadership in building and engaging neighborhood communication, projects, activities and improvements
- Creativity and innovation in sustainable solutions • Unique contributions of time, effort, skills, and/or financial resources to City’s sustainable goals and objectives
Awards will be presented at the State of the Neighborhoods Awards & Workshop on Saturday, April 21, 2018. You can learn more and download the award application here. Award nomination forms are due by February 20th, 2018 at 5:00 pm.
You can learn more about the Sustainable Tempe Program online!